SPC's Summer Conditioning Camp (SCC) is a two or four-day-per-week sports performance and injury-prevention training program. SCC improves athleticism through sport-specific, functional strength and conditioning techniques led by professionals. The outdoor sessions (2 days/week) emphasize speed, fitness, and skill development while the indoor workouts (2 days/week) focus on sport-specific strength, power and dynamic flexibility.
Two Programs Available:
SCC is designed to increase:
- Athleticism Development Program (ADP):
- Ages 10+
- Emphasis on general athleticism, fundamental movements and enjoyment from activity
- Moderate-intensity training
- College Bound Athletes (CBA):
- Ages 16+
- Emphasis on sports performance training, Olympic weightlifting and injury prevention
- High intensity training
Pre and Post-Testing Include:
- Speed & Agility
- Strength & Power
- Reaction Time
- Sport-Specific Skills
- Mental Toughness
Sports Nutrition Package (Included):
- Muscular Power and Strength
- Speed & Agility
- SPARQ Rating
- We will also customize testing based on team requirements
More than Conditioning! Beyond preventing injury and increasing speed, strength, and power, our goal is to create an environment to foster new friendships, provide tools for continued success in and beyond athletics, and (most importantly) have fun! That is why we also include:
- Hydration During Field Days
- Post-Workout Recovery Drinks
- Nutrition Seminars (with Registered Sports Dietitian)
- Weekly Beach Workouts
- Informal Training Days (pick-up soccer, basketball, etc)
- Other Socials
2012 Dates/Times - Online Calendar:
E-mail us with any further questions.
- What does the camp entail? We train 4 days/week - 2 indoor strength & power training days and 2 outdoor speed, agility, and fitness days.
- Can I choose less than 4 days/week? Yes, we offer a 2 day/week option - you can attend any 2 of the 4 days. If you choose the 2-day/week option, we recommend one indoor day and one outdoor day.
- Which facilities offer the conditioning camp? Indoor training days are offered at our Kearny Mesa (RU 1) and Carmel Valley (RU 2) facilities. Outdoor training will be conducted at a central location (park, school, or beach).
- Where do you conduct the outdoor training? Is it the same workout on Mondays and Thursdays? Mondays are typically dedicated to speed and agility training - Thursdays for fitness training at the beach (or track). The up-to-date schedule is online.
- Will both the ADP and CBA groups participate in the same activities? The schedule for both programs remains the same; however, we will split the groups based on athletic ability so that each athlete is challenged appropriately. The workouts will be similar, but the CBA group will participate in higher-intensity exercises.
- Do I need to be currently enrolled in college to complete the CBA program? The CBA training was originally created for graduated High School students entering their first year of college sports. We welcome, though, all athletes - current High School athletes up to those entering their final year of college.
- What if I have vacations planned? If you let us know in advance, we will prorate the program based on the number of weeks you can attend. We also offer a 10-session package good for the entire summer.
- Do you offer team discounts? Yes - discount are available for 4+ athletes. Please call 858-279-5570 or e-mail Justin for details.
- I have a summer weight training program from my coach - how can I coordinate the training? The CBA training camp will prepare you for ANY college program - we will assure that you are well-prepared to pass all your fitness and strength tests.