We are constantly looking for driven, team-oriented individuals who are looking to grow within a positive, caring and fun environment.
Accounts Receivables Specialist - San Diego, CA
Department: Operations & Finance
Reports To: Director of Operations
Consults With: Operations Manager, Billing & Collections Manager, Collections Specialist, Office Managers & Clinic Directors if necessary
Position Summary: The primary focus of this position will include such duties as; auditing patient accounts, researching and following up on denied insurance claims, contacting patients regarding overdue balances, generating invoices on delinquent accounts, and submitting patient accounts to collection agency company. This position will be cross-trained with the Payment Specialist position, as needed, which responsibilities are as follows: processing deposits, tracking revenue, and posting insurance payments to patient accounts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
• Unpaid Claims for all clinics outside of “On Hold” claims
• Report Insurance denial patterns to direct manager
• Collecting on all patient responsibility balances – This will include researching patient accounts, auditing account, setting up payment plan for patient (if necessary)
• Auditing patient accounts
• Customer service is the top priority when speaking to patients and/or clients – Firm but tactful
• Correct patient mailing addresses due to patient statement returns
• Auditing patient accounts if necessary to confirm accuracy
• Provide assistance to team members with questions pertaining to Unpaid Claims or Patient Balances
• Scanning old AR’s and EOB’s onto network
• Payment Specialist Job Duties:
o Full EOB process from: deposit -> posting to patient accounts
o Zirmed – Printing & loading ERA’s into Insight Billing
o Scanning EOB’s to network for future access
Skills and Qualifications:
Medical Office experience, 2 years of Health Insurance Knowledge, Attention to Detail, Multi-tasking, Telephone Skills, Time Management, Organization, Flexibility, Professionalism, Prioritization, Excel, Outlook.