FORUM: ACL Injury Prevention in the Adolescent Female Athlete
Time & Location
About The Event
Who should attend this workshop?
- Adolescent and young adult females (age 12-20) who play sports and their parents.
- Coaches, club directors, athletic directors.
Why should people attend?
Learn about how ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) injuries happen and underlying risk factors for injury, specifically related to young women and teenage girls. Also, learn how to reduce the risk of these types of injuries.
What will be discussed/done?
The following questions will be discussed during this session:
- What is the ACL and what does it do?
- How do ACL injuries happen?
- Why is there a higher prevalence of ACL injury in adolescent females?
- What can you do to reduce your risk of an ACL injury? What if you’ve had an ACL reconstruction and are looking to get back to your sport while decreasing your risk of recurrent injury?