FORUM: Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation
Time & Location
About The Event
Benefits of Cardiopulmonary PT:
Improve overall health, weight loss, improve quality of life, improve VO2Max, aerobic capacity, muscle strength/endurance, improve flexibility.
Who should attend?
- Anyone living with heart or lung conditions
- Loved ones of patients living with heart or lung conditions
- Potential or recovering surgery candidates
- People wanting training recommendations
- Medical professionals (PAs and MAs)
Why should people attend?
Learn about common heart/lung conditions, learn exercise and conditioning guidelines, breathing exercises, mobility/flexibility training, and safe workload progressions.
What will be discussed or done at this session?
- Prevalence of common heart/lung issues
- Phases of Cardiopulmonary rehabilitation
- What to expect during evaluation
- Components of an exercise training session
- Exercise frequency/duration recommendations and Exercise Guidelines
- High-Intensity Interval Training
- Breathing exercises/Inspiratory Muscle Training
- Flexibility and muscle strengthening
- Rib and Thoracic mobility exercises
- Active Cycle of Breathing
- Healthy Living Education
- Stress Reduction
- 2-Minute Step Test, 5-Rep Sit-to-Stand Test, Timed Up-and-Go. 2-Minute Walk Test.
- Breathing Exercises, Rib Cage Resistance, Pursed-Lip Breathing Training, Straw Breathing for COPD.
- Thoracic Spine Excursion Paired with Breathing.
- How to calculate your own heart rate training range